We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely crushed amaretti cookies (Italian macaroons; about 3 ounces), divided
Puree raspberries with syrup in blender. Strain puree into medium bowl; discard seeds. Cover; chill. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
Line 7- to 8-cup loaf pan or other mold with 2 layers of plastic wrap, leaving long overhang. Freeze pan. Using electric mixer, beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar; beat until stiff but not dry. Using same beaters, beat cream and remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar in large bowl until peaks form. Fold in lemon peel and cinnamon. Fold large spoonful of cream mixture into whites, then fold whites back into cream in 2 additions. Fold in 3/4 cup amaretti. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap overhang, then foil. Freeze at least 4 hours. Keep frozen.
Remove foil and open plastic. Turn semifreddo out onto platter. Remove pan; peel off plastic. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup amaretti. Serve semifreddo with sauce.